Wine is made to drink with food. If you come to try our wines you may stay for a light lunch in our cellar door of small plates to share.
Winemaker Tony Lee is a qualified chef: his dishes complement the wines. Many dishes change seasonally. Some examples from the menu include
- Mushroom sausage rolls with smoked tomato sauce
- BBQ quail served with a lemon wedge
- Braised leeks with goat curd, blood orange and mint
- Tomato salad with red wine vinegar, mint and feta
- Avocado with candied walnuts and pancetta
- Triple cream cheese, fuji apple
- Figs with vinocotto and jamon
These are simple dishes. As with our wines, we like to let the produce speak. The apples are from the Mock family’s bio-dynamic orchard around the corner. Goat curd from Main Ridge Dairy. The vinocotto we make ourselves by boiling down a stockpot of shiraz grape juice and adding a little red wine vinegar.
To get the most from an informal lunch at the cellar door, leave the menu to us. We’ll feed you a little plate of everything to make a light lunch.
We do not take lunch bookings. We are a small, informal venue best suited to small groups of two to four.
We are adept at dealing with gluten intolerance, vegetarians, pescatarians, and pregnancies. We love serving soft cheeses and cured meats with some dishes, but will serve them on the side whenever there’s one party member with an issue: the omnivores can try everything whilst the abstainers can still enjoy a meal to suit.